WHI-1041 | Christ Centered Proclamation

Sunday, 20 Mar 2011

RELATED ARTICLES

What Are We Looking For in the Bible?
Michael Horton

Dennis Johnson
Preaching Christ in All of Scripture
Edmund Clowney
According to Plan
Graeme Goldsworthy

PROGRAM AUDIO

Click here to access the audio file directly

MUSIC SELECTION

Andrew Osenga

Categories

Comments

• 20 Mar 2011
    Kathy L. says:

“It was really impressive; it just wasn’t a sermon!” A-MEN.

I could write for days on how stirred I am because of today’s program, the quote above was just the tipping point that forced me to write a comment.

I was converted in 2001 and the more I listen to serious Scriptural Christ-centered preaching and teaching like this program the hungrier I get. And the more thankful.

Thank you! I am even more encouraged to “confront” my fellow believers to quit the happy-clappy entertainment church and demand real, true, and eternal preaching.

More, please!

• 22 Mar 2011
    Matt says:

As always, another great show. Thank you so much.

• 23 Mar 2011
    Kathy L. says:

OK, I had to listen again. Two quotes that leaped out to the extent that I had to share the teaching and the website with several others are:

“Peter preached as if the Gospel were true, not as if it were useful.”

and

“Have they (the congregation) heard something (in the sermon) they could not have heard from somewhere else?”

These two quotes together address the problems with the modern church, almost completely.

Again, well done.

• 23 Mar 2011
    Anna says:

i know that the white horse inn stresses faith in christ as the way to get saved. so i have been feeling convicted of sin, feeling the weight of my sin, and trying to rest in christ’s atonement. however, is it possible that god is not letting me become a christian? i feel like he is withholding the spirit, because none of joy and peace in the bible is being applied to me.

• 24 Mar 2011
    Doug says:

I have been enjoying greatly this years series on the Great Commission! Is there a good book out there that documents the churches historical changes in the past 200 years that have let it to such a non- Christ centered proclamation of the Gospel?

• 24 Mar 2011
    Kathy L. says:

Anna,

Keep praying and asking for salvation in Christ. Feelings can and often are deceptive.