Yesterday, I alerted you to the new book of essays honoring W. Robert Godfrey, president and professor of church history at Westminster Seminary California. Have you ordered your copy, yet? Today, I want to give you a sneak peak at the book. Here is the Table of Contents. How many MR and WHI people can you recognize?
Preface: Our Man Godfrey—R. Scott Clark
1. Christology and Pneumatology: John Calvin, the Theologian of the Holy Spirit—Sinclair B. Ferguson
2. Make War No More? The Rise, Fall, and Resurrection of J. Gresham Machen’s Warrior Children—D. G. Hart
3. God as Absolute and Relative, Necessary, Free, and Contingent: the Ad Intra-Ad Extra Movement of Seventeenth-Century Reformed Language About God—Richard A. Muller
4. “Magic and Noise:” Reformed Christianity in Sister’s America—R. Scott Clark
5. Karl Barth and Modern Protestantism: The Radical Impulse—Ryan Glomsrud
6. Reformed and Always Reforming—Michael S. Horton
7. Calvin, Kuyper, and “Christian Culture”—David VanDrunen
8. History and Exegesis: The Interpretation of Romans 7:14–25 from Erasmus to Arminius—Joel E. Kim
9. John Updike’s Christian America—John R. Muether
10. The Reformation, Luther, and the Modern Struggle for the Gospel—R. C. Sproul
11. The Reformation of the Supper—Kim Riddlebarger
12. Preaching the Doctrine of Regeneration in a Christian Congregation— Hywel R. Jones
13. Integration, Disintegration, and Reintegration: A Preliminary History of the United Reformed Churches in North America—Cornelis P. Venema
14. Epilogue: The Whole Counsel of God: Courageous Calvinism for a New Century—W. Robert Godfrey
You can also hear the editors of the volume, Scott Clark and Joel Kim, talk about the book in the most recent edition of the podcast from Westminster Seminary, Office Hours.
You can see some pictures from the morning the seminary presented the book to Dr. Godfrey here.